[詞彙Q&A] percent,percentage ,rate ,ratio ,proportion 有什麼區別?

percent

A: percent (%)百分之(某數字) 一般都是有數字在前面的時候用 (數字+percent of sb or sth)

E.g. I only answered 20 percent of the questions correctly. You shouldn’t have copied my answers.

E.g. 85% of Eric’s paycheck goes to his wife. The other 15% goes to the government. Both do nothing for Eric.
——————————————————-
percentage百分率
通常在 the/a small/a large…+percentage of sb or sth 的時候用

1. Percentage被放在 the後時,用單數形動詞:
E.g. The percentage of uneducated people in this city is relatively small. Nearly everyone has a bachelor’s degree or above.

當被放在 a後時,可用動詞單數或複數形式,這由後面所跟的名詞數量而定:

E.g. A large percentage of children in the school come from single-parent families.

E.g. A large percentage of the crop has spoiled.
——————————————————-
rate指的是比率,比值,率等,如tax rate稅率,crime rate犯罪率等。

E.g. The crime rate in this city is rapidly increasing. There are violent crimes happening almost every day.
——————————————————-
ratio指的是兩個量的比值,其實是強調相比、相除的關係,但是它的兩個量必須在上下文出現。比例 (必須有確切的數字)

E.g. The ratio of students to teachers is 35:1.
——————————————————-
proportion是指比例關係,可代替ratio使用,但是在相比的兩個量在上下文沒有出現是必須用proportion而不能用ratio。

E.g. Only a tiny proportion of the population is infected by the H7N9 virus.

發表迴響

在下方填入你的資料或按右方圖示以社群網站登入:

WordPress.com Logo

您的留言將使用 WordPress.com 帳號。 登出 /  變更 )

Google+ photo

您的留言將使用 Google+ 帳號。 登出 /  變更 )

Twitter picture

您的留言將使用 Twitter 帳號。 登出 /  變更 )

Facebook照片

您的留言將使用 Facebook 帳號。 登出 /  變更 )

w

連結到 %s