2. stay off the road 別上街; 遠離大馬路
3. stay indoors 留在室内
5. sound the siren 發出警報
6. call off the drill 取消演習
7. mobilize members of the public 動員市民
8. emergency response 緊急應變
9. civil defense drills 民防演習
10. contingencies 突發事件
The Wan An Exercises are a series of military exercises and civil defense drills* held by Taiwan. They are now held to strengthen and test the emergency response capabilities of local governments and the military for contingencies such as fires, terrorist attacks, and nuclear accidents.
*exercise and drill:
1. A drill is a test of a portion of the response organization (for example, a fire drill tests a facility’s firefighting teams and
the individuals in the vicinity of the area selected for that particular drill). An “exercise" typically tests many facets of the response organization and often involves close coordination between licensee (onsite) and State and local (offsite) response organizations.
2. drill: (fire/emergency drill) an occasion when people practise what they should do in a dangerous situation such as a fire
3. exercise: (army/navy etc.) a set of activities for training soldiers etc.