South Korean director Bong Joon-ho and star Song Kang-ho’s black comedy thriller, Parasite, swept the Oscars, winning four awards for best director, best international film, best original script, and best film.
1. black comedy 黑色幽默
2. Parasite 《寄生上流》，parasite 原意為寄生蟲
3. sweep the Oscars 橫掃奧斯卡
4. acceptance speech 獲獎感言
Watch his full acceptance speech for best director below!
Thank you. After winning best international feature, I thought I was done for the day and was ready to relax.
5. be done for the day 今天工作完成, 結束
6. be done for 完蛋了
7. ready to relax 準備要放鬆了
Thank you so much. When I was young and studying cinema, there was a saying that I carved deep into my heart, which is that “the most personal is the most creative." That quote is from our great Martin Scorsese. When I was in school, I studied Martin Scorsese’s films.
8. there is a saying (that goes)… 有句話…
9. be engraved on/in your heart/memory/mind 銘記於心*
Just to be nominated was a huge honor. I never thought I would win.
10. be nominated for 被提名
11. I never thought I would win. 我從未想過能得獎
When people in the U.S. were not familiar with my films, Quentin [Tarantino] always put my films on his list. He’s here, thank you so much. Quentin, I love you.
12. not familiar with… 不熟悉…
13. put at the top of the list 放在名單首選
14. short list 短名單
And Todd [Phillips] and Sam [Mendes], great directors that I admire. If the Academy allows, I would like to get a Texas chainsaw, split the award into five and share it with all of you. Thank you. I will drink until next morning, thank you.
15. Texas chainsaw 來自於德州電鋸殺人狂(電影)的電鋸
16 split into 分成
17. share it with all 與大家分享
18. drink until the next morning. 喝(酒)喝到天亮*
19. the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) / the Academy / the Motion Picture Academy 電影藝術與科學學院